The Law Offices of Philip A. Wasserman offers Limited-scope representation to clients. This means that you can have Mr. Wasserman handle some parts of your case and you will handle others. While this is different than the more traditional arrangement where an attorney handles all aspects of the case from start to finish, Limited Scope Representation can provide you with legal representation on the most important issues in your case. Here are some examples of how I offer Limited Scope Representation to clients:
- You can consult with my office and get immediate legal information and advice about your case when you need it.
- I can represent you on certain issues in your case (like child support or custody) while you do the rest yourself with my advice.
- I can prepare the forms and other court documents for you, I will serve and file them with the court for you, but you would represent yourself at the hearing. I will provide you with an outline so-called Talking Points for your hearing.
- I will coach you on how to represent yourself at court hearings and help your prepare the evidence that you will present in court.
- You can hire me to help you with the more complicated parts of your case, such as discovery and legal research while you do the simpler tasks yourself with my advice.
When you cannot afford to pay for a lawyer to handle your entire case, Limited-Scope representation can be a great way for you to get competent legal help with your case while keeping costs down. Frankly, I am surprised more people don’t take advantage of this. Not all States permit Limited Scope representation, but California does. Courts approve of Limited-Scope representation because they want to encourage people to get as much legal assistance as they need to protect their rights. The judges know that you will do a better job of following proper court procedures and presenting the relevant evidence to them if you have the help of a lawyer during the more complicated parts of a case.
For more information, please call Philip A. Wasserman at 661-294-8484 or email him at [email protected].